Common Pest Entry Points
June 17, 2014
Whether through cracks, walls, doors or windows, pests will find their way in if you let them. Go-Forth Pest Control is here to inform you of the most common pest entry points so you know how to protect your home from a pest infestation.
Protecting Your Home From Unwanted Pests In Triad, NC & Beyond
You may think that your home is safe from all kinds of pests, but the truth is, there are areas in your house that you may not think about, or that aren’t visible, that are perfect entry points for pests.
- Garages. Is your garage filled with cardboard boxes? Be careful, that is the ideal home for cockroach colonies.
- Gutters. Gutters are known as nesting points for ants and other small pests. Make sure to keep gutters unclogged of leaves and other debris.
- Overhangs. This area of the home is known to harbor spiders and flying insects, such as hornets and wasps. Knocking down webs and using residual dusts can prevent pests from infesting these areas.
- Doors and windows. If your doors or windows feature torn screens or weatherstripping that has worn down, you may as well be inviting bugs to enter your property!
- Wood piles. Spiders and carpenter ants love to live in wood piles, so make sure to keep any away from your home.
- Trash collection areas. Numerous pests including cockroaches, ants and certain rodents, love to nest and feed in trash collection areas. So keep all trash inside securely sealed trash bins, and empty them regularly.
- Foundations. If you have cracks or open areas (such as a basement window) on your home’s foundation, seal them up to prevent insects from entering your home. Ill-fitting foundation vents and crawlspace doors can also allow pests or wildlife to more easily make their way inside your home.
- Dryer vents and exhaust fans. If you use these frequently, make sure that dampers open and close freely. If they stay open, birds and squirrels can enter your home.
- Roof vents. Check your roof vent regularly to make sure your screen is not missing or chewed through. This can allow bats or squirrels to enter your home’s attic.
Call Go-Forth Pest Control If You Suspect A Pest Infestation In Your Home!
Have pests made their way into your home even though you blocked all the above pest entry points? Not to worry, Go-Forth Pest Control is here to help! Our Greensboro, Winston-Salem and High Point exterminators have been providing expert pest control services to the Triad, NC area since 1959. Contact us today at (336) 841-6111 to schedule an appointment. We would also be happy to answer any questions you may have!