Everything You Should Know About Cockroaches In Greensboro, NC
May 3, 2022
Cockroaches invading your Greensboro home can be a nightmare, thanks to the health risks this pest presents. Pest control in Greensboro can help you understand the types of cockroaches in your home and provide you with effective cockroach control products that eliminate infestations of this pest.
Is This A Cockroach Or A Beetle?
Often, cockroaches can be confused with other hard-shelled and skittering insects in your home. Fortunately, there are some ways to tell cockroaches apart from beetles.
- Cockroaches have longer legs than beetles.
- A beetle’s body may not be as long and has a hard exoskeleton; cockroaches don’t possess an exoskeleton like this.
- Cockroaches have longer antennae than beetles.
- Cockroach wings are leatherier on top, while a beetle’s wings are hard.
It would help if you also kept in mind that there are several different types of cockroaches in Greensboro that you may encounter in your home. For help with cockroach identification, we suggest reaching out to our specialists at Go-Forth Pest Control as soon as possible.
Cockroaches Can Be Harmful To Your Health
One of the biggest problems with having cockroaches invading your Greensboro home is the dangers they present to your health. Before invading your home, this pest walks through unhygienic areas such as sewers, dumpsters, and waste piles. They will track the bacteria they pick up in these areas onto surfaces and through stored food as they scavenge. This can increase the risk of serious illnesses such as food poisoning, dysentery, cholera, salmonella, and giardia.
Additionally, cockroaches can trigger allergies and respiratory issues in specific individuals, leading to prolonged breathing problems and the potential for asthma attacks. Cockroach pest control in Greensboro is essential in reducing these risks.
Five Tips To Keep Cockroaches Away From Your Home
Another essential step in learning how to keep cockroaches away from your home is putting prevention tactics in place. These tips can help you deter infestations:
- Seal up potential cockroach entry points around your homes, such as gaps in windows, doors, and the foundation. Use window and door screens in addition to weather stripping and door sweeps to keep this pest out.
- Address moisture issues around your home, as cockroaches love to have an easy water source. Also, ensure proper ventilation is found in your home.
- Seal up trash bags tightly and dispose of waste promptly. Ensure that outdoor trash cans have lids to prevent scavenging and remove access to outdoor pet foods.
- Store all leftover food properly, consider using airtight containers in pantry areas, and refrain from leaving out dirty dishes or food and drink spills. The aroma of these items can easily attract cockroaches to your home.
- Keep your yard clear and free of debris such as leaf litter and fallen branches. Also, keep the grass trimmed low to eliminate outdoor cockroach hiding spots.
How To Keep Cockroaches Out Of Your Home For Good
If you want to know how to keep cockroaches away for good, your best option is to reach out to professional cockroach pest control in Greensboro. Our experts at Go-Forth Pest Control have extensive experience in cockroach identification and inspection and will easily be able to identify the severity of your cockroach problem. Armed with information about your home, our professionals will put into place effective cockroach control products that allow you to reclaim your house from this unhygienic pest fully.