How Can I Tell If My Greensboro Home Has Termites?
May 3, 2023
Every year, termites are responsible for billions of dollars of property damage, and the average termite related to home repair runs into the thousands. Termites can enter your house unseen, and infestations can persist for years before you discover them. By then, the damage is done. DIY termite treatments are often ineffective for termite infestations and allow termites to not only continue living in your house but also continue damaging it.
If you need pest control in Greensboro, Go-Forth Pest Control stands ready to help. Our seasoned professionals have all the experience and knowledge needed to help get termites out of your home. Call us today.
Early Signs Of A Termite Infestation
Given that termites can be highly destructive to your house, it's best to be able to identify termite infestations early. Here are some ways to tell if you may have a termite problem in your home:
- Wings: When flying termites find a place they like, they will land and shed their wings. Finding insect wings scattered around your house is a good indicator of termites.
- Mud tubes: Termites use mud tubes to move between the ground and your house. These tubes can be found on the outside of your home near the foundation.
- Termites themselves: Termites can often be identified simply by seeing them swarming in your home. If you see winged insects flying in your home, they may be termites.
These are some signs that termites may have moved into your home. If you need to know how to get rid of termites, all you need to do is call Go-Forth Pest Control. We can help.
Recognizing Termite Damage On Your Property
Termites eat wood for food, and the longer they are in your home, the more damage they can cause to your home's structure. Over time, termite-related damage can become extensive and may manifest in the following ways:
- Sagging floors: If termites damage the support structures in your home, your floors can begin to sag.
- Cracks in walls: If your house begins to settle secondary to termite-related damage. Your house's walls can begin forming cracks.
- Misaligned windows and doors: If termite damage causes your house to begin to settle. Windows and doors may start becoming difficult to open and close.
These are some of the ways that termites can damage your home. If you think you have termites and are longing for termite removal, Go-Forth Pest Control wants to help. Get in touch with us today to see how our safe, effective, and scientifically-proven treatments can come to your rescue.
Factors That Attract Termites To A Property
Here are some of the things that attract termites to your property and then into your house:
- Old stumps: Old stumps offer a lot of wood for hungry termites. Remove stumps from your yard to eliminate a major termite draw.
- Wood piles: Firewood or wood clutter in contact with the ground is also highly attractive to termites. Eliminate clutter and elevate firewood off of the ground to decrease the chances you will have to deal with termites.
- Mulch: Mulch is attractive and, unfortunately, also highly attractive to termites. Minimize the amount of mulch you use in your yard and keep it away from your house to discourage termites.
These are some of the things that can draw termites to your home and how you can help decrease the chances they come. If they do still come, however, Go-Forth Pest Control can help you get rid of them. Contact us today for help with termites.
Contact The Professionals At The First Sign Of Termites
When it comes to termites, don't go it alone. Go-Forth, Pest Control is the best termite control company near you. Call us today, and let us take care of termites.