How To Keep Mosquitoes Away From Your Charlotte Pool
March 11, 2023
There's nothing better than taking a dip in your pool on a hot summer day. Unfortunately, mosquitoes can quickly take the fun out of this. When you have high populations of mosquitoes around your pool, it can be difficult to enjoy swimming, sunbathing, and entertaining poolside. Don't let mosquitoes ruin your summer fun; learn how the Charlotte pest control experts at Go-Forth Pest Control can help keep mosquitoes away from your Charlotte pool.
What Role Do Mosquitoes Play In Our Environment?
Although mosquitoes are extremely irritating, they also play an important role in the environment. Like bees, wasps, and hummingbirds, mosquitoes are pollinators. They are also a food source for a wide variety of animals, including bats, frogs, and fish.
Mosquitoes are an important part of the environment, but they can be a nuisance if they lay eggs on your property.
All The Places Mosquitoes Like To Lay Eggs Around Your Yard
Most types of mosquitoes lay their eggs in similar ways, typically floating in standing water. Mosquito larvae hatch as aquatic creatures before they grow wings and fly away. Due to needing a water source, many of the places you're likely to encounter mosquitoes are rich in moisture. Gardens and gutters both accumulate water, and without proper care or maintenance, may be left with stagnant pools such as in buckets or clogged drain pipes.
Pools themselves can draw mosquitoes to them if left without the pump running or regular chlorination. Some mosquitoes may not be affected by the current of a pool pump, such as Culex mosquitoes who build rafts for their eggs to float on the surface of the water.
Proactive Tips To Prevent Mosquitoes Around A Pool
Regularly cleaning and chlorinating your pool is the job of any responsible pool owner. In the summertime, nothing is more refreshing than a dip in the pool after a hot day. Here are a few more tips to keep mosquitoes from ruining your day.
- Add plants that deter mosquitoes, such as lavender, marigold, citronella, rosemary, basil, and mint, around your pool. These not only look and smell great, they will also help to keep mosquitoes away.
- Use screens on doors and windows to stop mosquitoes from entering. Around your pool, you should have a screened area if possible.
- Don't allow water to collect in containers or areas of your yard. This includes clogged gutters, ground holes, empty flower pots, and anything else that can collect rainwater.
- Keep grass cut short to reduce the number of insects around your property. Mosquitoes and other pests hide in tall grass to avoid predators.
- Use a high-powered fan near your pool to keep mosquitoes from getting close.
While these tips will help you keep mosquitoes away, you may find yourself in the middle of dealing with a mosquito infestation. There's only one way to get rid of mosquitoes once they've infested: call the professionals for mosquito control in Charlotte.
What's The Best Way To Get Rid Of Mosquitoes Around My Yard?
The best solution to a mosquito infestation is to contact pest control specialists. In Charlotte, Go-Forth Pest Control offers effective solutions to mosquitoes and other pests. With regular mosquito treatments, we can keep the majority of mosquitoes away from your yard and pool. Get in touch today for a free quote and to learn more about our residential pest control services in Charlotte.