How To Treat For Fleas Near Forest Acres
February 12, 2019
Fleas are parasites that are dark reddish-brown in color and are just 1 / 12 to 1/ 6 inches in length. They also have 6 legs and have antennae. They feed on the blood of any warm-blooded body, which is why their favorite hosts are dogs and cats.
They usually have a life span of 100 days. But an adult female can have 400 – 500 offspring, which is why they probably would not be gone any time soon.
Fleas also carry disease. Do you know how the Great Plague that wiped out almost half of the world’s population in the 14th century started? No, it did not come from the rodents, let us cut them some slack this time. The plague actually came from fleas. They transmit the disease murine typhus to humans through infected rats. Fleas can also transfer tapeworms and cause anemia to your beloved pets. So yes, they are dangerous. And they are scattered all over the United States. Even here in Forest Acres.
About Forest Acres
Forest Acres is known as the “city within a city”. Incorporated in 1935, it is a place of friendly neighbors, passionate citizens, top-rated public schools, great public service, and a growing number of businesses.
The number of fleas is also growing. To save yourself and your pets from fleas, there are steps to get rid of them:
- Clean the house using a vacuum. Vacuum over a flea-infested area. Leave no stone unturned. Move the furniture and vacuum the carpet where the furniture once stood.
- Wash all beddings in hot water. This should also include your pets’ beddings. After washing, you can dry it at the highest heat setting to kill the fleas.
- Spray the lemon solution on affected areas. Thinly slice a lemon, drop it into a pint of water, then boil the water. Actually, it does not have to be just lemon. You may also use other citrus fruits like oranges, lime, or grapefruit.
- Sprinkle diatomaceous earth around the house. What it does is that it can kill the fleas by chaffing them. Sprinkle a few spoon-full over areas that are infested by the fleas.
- Regularly mow your lawn. Fleas like tall grasses and they hide there. Make sure to place the contents in a bag before disposing of them. Remove all debris like dead leaves and twigs. The fleas can also hide in there.
- Wash your pets with flea soap and water in order to kill the fleas that might be living in them.
If all else fails, let Go-Forth Pest Control Company take care of your flea problems.
Simply The Best In Pest Control
Go-Forth has been serving customers in Forest Acres for 59 years now. They have excellent experience not only in flea treatment, but also with many other pest problems like cockroaches, rodents, ants, and many others. The company has a special team of technicians who can evaluate your homes or offices on the type of service that is just right for you. They also offer same-day service, EPA approved pest extermination methods, and discounts for regular service agreements Go-Forth is a family-owned exterminator company that has earned the trust of local homeowners and businesses alike.