How To Treat For Mosquitoes Near West Columbia
February 12, 2019
West Columbia is a city situated along eight miles of the Saluda River and the Congaree River. The city is ideal for both commerce and education, as well as a great place for dining and shopping. Today, this city is focusing its efforts on economic development, which is why taxes and utility rates are quite low. But like all cities in the United States, West Columbia has its share of mosquito problems.
Mosquitoes are probably the most dangerous creatures on earth. Put together all of the most fearsome creatures on this planet: lions, alligators, crocodiles, hyenas, sharks, and cobras. They all would look lame when you compare them with the tiny mosquitoes when it comes to a body count. Even Adolf Hitler would look like an angel.
Mosquitoes are so dangerous because they have the ability to spread hundreds of different infectious diseases, a lot of them fatal. They live by sucking the blood of their hosts, including humans.
Some of the diseases these mosquitoes can cause are malaria, dengue fever, West Nile virus, Zika virus, encephalitis, elephantiasis, yellow fever, and many others. So you see, their reputation as murderers is not unfounded.
Because of this, efforts have been made to control the mosquito population. Of course, defense starts at home.
Here are some of the ways to get rid of the deadly mosquitoes:
- Mosquitoes love stagnant water. Be sure to remove it. Check your surrounding area for any pool of standing water. Old tires, broken or clogged rain gutters, old tires, old containers, street gutter, watering cans, outdoor faucets, or anything that can hold water are Easy breeding grounds for the mosquitoes.
- Use a mosquito net in the bedroom. The most frequently targeted place of the mosquitoes in your bedroom. Choose a good mosquito net to protect yourself and your loved ones.
- Mosquito traps and zappers. Using traps are also effective in dealing with the mosquitoes. Mosquito traps work by attracting the mosquitoes with bait into an enclosed area, where they will be trapped with a net, or are killed.
- Electric fans can help. Mosquitoes cannot bother you if wind speeds in your surroundings are more than two miles per hour. They are simply too thin and too small to overcome such windy situations.
- Install tight-fitting windows. This will keep the mosquitoes out of your home. Do not forget to put the door screens too.
- Apply mosquito repellents. Use mosquito repellents with DEET, the most effective ingredient against mosquitoes.
These are some of the do-it-yourself solutions to the mosquito problems, but because totally getting rid of the mosquitoes is such a complex activity, you may want to get help from professionals. In that case, let Go-Forth Pest Control Company take care of your problems.
Simply the best in Pest Control
Go-Forth has been serving customers in West Columbia for 59 years now. They have excellent experience not only in mosquito treatment, but also with many other pest problems like cockroaches, rodents, ants, and many others. The company has a special team of technicians who can evaluate your homes or offices on the type of service that is just right for you. They also offer same-day service, EPA approved pest extermination methods, and discounts for regular service agreements Go-Forth is a family-owned exterminator company that has earned the trust of local homeowners and businesses alike.