Summer Lawn Care Tips For North Carolina Homeowners
July 15, 2014
There’s no denying that summer is finally here — the time to grill out with friends, play ball with the kids, or catch fireflies on a warm evening. Go-Forth Pest Control can help you keep your lawn or yard looking great all summer long!
Keeping Your Lawn Pristine All Summer Long
It’s a season to be enjoyed outside, which means that it’s essential to invest time and effort into your summer lawn care regimen to keep your yard looking healthy and beautiful throughout the hot months of summer. Below you’ll find some summer lawn care tips from Go-Forth Pest Control that can help you make the most of your yard this season:
- Hydrate early. It’s best for your lawn to receive about an inch of water on a weekly basis, either through rainfall or manually watering with an irrigation system or garden hose. When using manual watering techniques, be sure to begin hydration as early as possible in the morning before the sun is able to dry up your lawn. However, keep in mind that an oversaturated lawn is just as fruitless as a dry one.
- Mow, and mow often. When mowing your lawn, set your lawn mower blades as high as possible. Long blades of grass are able to obtain more sunlight and use this energy to produce more nutrients. Regular mowing is recommended in order to prevent cutting more than one-third of the grass blades at a time.
- Use grass clippings to your advantage. Instead of bagging your grass clippings, allow your mower to redistribute them across across the lawn. Doing this helps supply your yard’s soil with essential nutrients, as well as additional shade. Don’t forget to mow often, since longer clippings have the potential to smother existing grass.
- Resist the urge to fertilize. If your lawn is looking barren this summer, don’t fertilize — applying extra fertilizer in the heat of the summer months has the potential to burn your lawn. It’s best to prepare your lawn for summer by fertilizing in the spring, stopping at least 30 days before hot temperatures arrive.
- Avoid insect infestations. Lawns that are dormant or drought-stressed are a welcome sight to insect infestations from pests such as fire ants, mosquitoes, fleas, chinch bugs and more. Smaller infestations will often take care of themselves, but if serious problems persist, call our local pest control company.
Contact Go-Forth Pest Control For Your Lawn Care Needs
Keep your lawn looking great this summer, so you can enjoy it all year long. Contact the Triad lawn care professionals at Go-Forth Pest Control today by calling (336) 841-6111, or fill out our online service quote form. We would be happy to give you more information about any of our available lawn care services or pest control treatments, available to home and business owners in Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point and the surrounding areas of NC.