Eco-Friendly Wasp Prevention Tips
March 30, 2022
Wasp prevention is essential in learning how to get rid of wasps and avoid this insect's potential dangers. Trust the wasp removal experts at Go-Forth Pest Control to provide you with an eco-friendly wasp removal service in Richmond and utilize their prevention tips to deter this pest naturally.
What Do Wasps In Richmond Look Like?
There are several types of wasps in Richmond that you may commonly encounter around your yard. These types of wasps are discussed below so you can become familiar with them. If you end up with a wasp problem, proper identification will be provided by a wasp exterminator in Richmond.
- Paper Wasps: This wasp has a painful sting and is generally brown with yellow markings. Their nests typically hang down from trees or other high areas.
- Yellow Jackets: Easily identifiable, this wasp has yellow and black striped markings on its body. They prefer to make their nests above ground.
- Mud Daubers: This wasp prefers to make its nests out of the mud and is generally black in color with light markings on its body.
How Dangerous Are Wasps In Richmond?
The wasps in Richmond can be pretty dangerous if you allow an infestation to become out of control and don’t invest in proper wasp removal. Wasps are quick to attack if they feel threatened and can be very aggressive. Not only are wasp stings painful, but they also sting multiple times. These stings may trigger allergic reactions even in individuals that don’t have a previous history of allergies, and some of these reactions may be as serious as anaphylaxis.
If you or another individual has difficulty breathing or trouble swallowing after being stung by a wasp, immediately seek medical attention.
Natural Wasp Prevention Tips For Richmond Properties
A significant part of learning how to get rid of wasps is taking the time to put natural wasp prevention tips in place. This will help you deter wasps from entering your property and reduce your need for a wasp removal service in Richmond, as an infestation won’t be able to get started.
- Remove food sources from outside, such as pet food, and refrain from leaving leftover food out on porches or decks. This is especially important for sugary foods and drinks, as wasps are very drawn to these items. Also, seal up outdoor garbage cans and cover compost piles where possible.
- Clear up your yard and remove any organic debris, such as fallen fruit that wasps may be able to feed on. Clear out tree stumps, trim back overhanging branches, and fill holes in your yard to make your property less hospitable to wasps.
- Invest in wasp-repelling plants around your yard to deter wasps from entering your property; plant marigold, mint, basil, and pennyroyal around your home’s foundation, decks, and porches.
The Safest Form Of Wasp Control In Richmond
Even if you have put in place natural wasp prevention tips, when a wasp nest is found on your property you should not attempt to remove it yourself. Without the proper equipment, you can easily aggravate the wasps and get stung. Instead, the best way to get rid of wasps in Richmond is to trust the professionals and call Go-Forth Pest Control.
Their experts will be able to use the latest extermination techniques to eliminate this pest and relocate any wasp infestation away from your property. This way, you and your family are safe from wasps in a perfectly eco-friendly way.