How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In Your Fredericksburg Home
March 3, 2022
Bed bugs invading your peaceful Fredericksburg home can make life difficult for you and your family very quickly. These parasitic bugs survive by feeding on you while you sleep, and they will also attack other warm-blooded animals. They tend to gather where there are people, jumping on hosts and going home with them, where they will settle in, breed, and start a genuine infestation. Find out how you can tell if bed bugs have moved into your home and how partnering with Go-Forth Pest Control can help you get rid of bed bugs that have found their way into your home uninvited.
Obvious Signs Of A Bed Bug Infestation In Your Home
Bed bugs in Fredericksburg can be difficult to notice; they hide in cracks and crevices during the day, then come out at night to feed. Despite their elusive nature, signs of them occupying your home may include:
- Red spots of blood or small dark streaks of excrement on sheets, mattresses, box springs, floors, drawers, or on the walls near your bed
- Piles of shed bed bug skins found under mattresses, box springs, or the floor under your bed
- A sweet, musty odor in an otherwise clean room; for larger infestations, the smell will be more unpleasant
- Bed bug bites on your skin or a family member's skin
- Visually sighting live or dead bed bugs in cracks and crevices or in and around your sleeping area
These signs, especially seeing bed bugs, should be enough to persuade you that bed bug pest control in Fredericksburg is needed to eradicate the problem. Go-Forth Pest Control is the expert team that will get rid of bed bugs and keep them out.
How Bed Bug Infestations Only Get Worse With Time
If bed bugs remain undiscovered for some time, they can grow to large numbers throughout your home very quickly. They are difficult to prevent, given their ability to discreetly hide in different spaces. These tiny creatures are small enough to stay hidden in a suitcase, furniture, or clothing and quickly move from place to place. Adult bed bugs can go several months without a blood meal and withstand temperatures from almost freezing to 122 degrees Fahrenheit. They do not die easily and will continue to multiply until you eliminate the problem using professional pest control in Fredericksburg.
How Bed Bugs Find Their Way Into Homes
Bed bugs are known as the "hitchhikers" of the pest world. Individuals may pick up these stowaways in various ways, mainly when traveling. Nobody willingly wants to pick these pests up. There are many ways bed bugs can enter your home:
- They may latch on your clothing, bags, or personal belongings if you happen to set them down in the wrong place.
- They can enter your home when you bring used furniture, mattresses, or box springs with existing bed bugs.
- They could travel back home with you if you stayed at a hotel or place with a bed bug infestation.
- Riding on public transportation or being in a public place like a library can also result in them joining you for the ride home.
Just the thought of these nasty bugs invading your Fredericksburg home should make your skin crawl. Bed bug control is nearly impossible on your own, so contacting the pest professionals at Go-Forth Pest Control to eliminate bed bugs is the wisest option.
The Best Way To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In Your Home
Finding Fredericksburg pest control for bed bugs is the easiest way to care for a bed bug infestation. Go-Forth Pest Control has dedicated more than 60 years to providing quality, affordable pest control services in the Fredericksburg area. We take pride in our team's professionalism and expertise, and we know you'll enjoy partnering with us for all your Fredericksburg pest control needs. Go-Forth Pest Control wants all of our customers to feel confident that they're receiving the very best bed bug control to restore your home to the peaceful state it was in before those pesky bed bugs showed up. Call us today to schedule a service appointment.