How To Treat For Ants Near Columbia
February 8, 2019
If you have been observant of your surroundings at home, you would notice that of all the insects living in the United States, ants are the most prevalent. Sometimes you would see a stray ant or two crawling on your dining table. You would not mind one or two. Do not be fooled though; no it is not lost. It is actually out on a mission. It is a scout and it is looking for food to feed its colony. Soon, that solitary ant will be joined by hundreds. This is when the ants do you and your home some harm.
Ants are considered pests because of the many things they can do to you. They bite, and they do so even without provocation. They steal your food. They ruin outdoor picnics. And when you are trying to defend your turf, they bite you some more. They even take over your electrical wirings. It is reported that they can do more structural damage to your homes than termites do. And did I mention that they bite you? Right in your own home!
So now you want to get rid of these ants. The first thing you ought to consider is that there are indoor ants and there are outdoor ants. Then you can plan your strategy on how to get rid of them.
Here are some things you can do to get rid of ants in your homes:
- Seal off cracks and openings. Look for openings where they can enter your homes and seal them off.
- Put your food inside sealed containers. Ants are constantly looking for your food, and their scouts are going to make sure they are going to find them. If you remove their food source, then there is no reason to go inside your house, right?
- Clean up the spills. Coffee spills, soda spills, juice, chocolate, or milk are easy targets for the ants. Immediately wipe off these spills, or soon you would find an army of ants right at the very spot of the spill.
- Clean off food residue. Bread crumbs, cookie crumbs, fried chicken crumbs, or any food residue should be cleaned up. Otherwise, the ants would feast on them.
- Seal off the trash can. Obviously, the trash can has a treasure trove of yummy treats for them. Seal it off or at least put a lid on it to prevent ants from getting there.
However, if the problem becomes too big, then call Go-Forth Pest Control Company.
Go-Forth has been serving customers for 59 years now. They have excellent experience not only in ant control, but also with many other pest problems like cockroaches, rodents, bed bugs, mosquitoes, ants, and many others. The company has a special team of technicians who can evaluate your homes or offices on the type of service that is just right for you. They also offer same-day service, EPA approved pest extermination methods, and discounts for regular service agreements Go-Forth is a family-owned exterminator company that has earned the trust of local homeowners and businesses alike. Just dial 336- 841- 6111 to set an appointment. Our friendly operators are standing by.