How To Treat For Spiders Near Cary
February 8, 2019
Some people look at spiders as unintrusive, friendly neighborhood little creatures, save for some venomous species of course. Spiders have encroached on human living spaces; they can be found inside the homes, in garages, under your bed, and even inside your shoes. People really would not mind spiders in their homes as long as these were the small and harmless type. However, some spiders that are venomous make it inside some homes. There are reports of someone being bitten as she wore her shoes, not knowing that a black widow spider or was hiding in one of the shoes.
In this regard, spiders can cause harm and need to be removed from your homes, away from you and your loved ones.
There are two types of venomous spiders in the United States. The Black Widow spider and the Brown Recluse spider. The Black widow spider is one of the most feared spiders there is. It is actually reported that a black widow’s venom is 15 times stronger than that of a rattlesnake’s. They are identified by their colored, hourglass-shaped marks on their abdomen.
The Brown Recluse spider, another much-feared spider, have violin-shaped markings on top of their cephalothorax. They have six eyes instead of the usual eight. Like the black widow’s, the brown recluse’s bite is painful but rarely is it fatal. It tends to keep to itself, but when disturbed it can be harmful. If bitten, place an ice pack on the bitten area and seek prompt medical care. If the spider can be captured, do so and put it in a container. The spider should be brought to the hospital along with the patient.
How To Control Spiders
- Remove clutter. Like all insects, spiders love to hide under a pile of junk, like a pile of old newspapers and magazines, stacks of storage boxes, and storages under your beds.
- Use cinnamon candles. There are many other uses for the cinnamon candles and one is it can be used as a deterrent for these creepy crawlies.
- Lemon peel. Spiders do not like the smell of citrus. Rub the lemon peel anywhere you think they may hang out. This will keep making them leave your house and keep them out.
- Seal all cracks and openings. Whenever you see a potential entry point for these spiders, try to close it off. The better to get rid of spiders.
- Clean your house often. This is a given though. I know whether there are spiders or not, you will clean your homes, wouldn’t you? This is just to drive home a point, that you should have a clean house. Or, whatever.
But if you are from Cary, perhaps the best way to treat spiders in your home is to call in the professionals at Go-Forth Pest Control Company. They have excellent experience not only in spider control, but also with many other pest problems like cockroaches, rodents, bed bugs, mosquitoes, ants, and many others. The company has a special team of technicians who can evaluate your homes or offices on what type of service is just right for you.