Keeping Spiders Away From Your Columbia Property
March 25, 2022
Spiders are never a fun pest to deal with in Columbia, and many people are frightened of interacting with these arachnids. And even though most common household spiders are harmless, all spiders bring with them the potential for biting and an unsightly infestation if the proper control and prevention tactics aren’t put into place.
What Do Spiders In Columbia Look Like?
While there are many types of spiders in the Columbia area, only certain spiders are commonly seen around Columbia homes. We list these spiders below so you can get a sense of the species that you may be up against:
- Black widow spiders
- Brown recluse spiders
- Wolf spiders
- American house spiders
- Orb-weaver spiders
You may have an infestation of any of these spiders individually or be dealing with multiple types of spiders around your home and property at once. The experts at Go-Forth Pest Control will be able to help you identify the species you are having trouble with.
Is It Dangerous To Have Spiders In My Columbia Home?
Though most common household spiders will be harmless for the individuals in your home, albeit unsightly, all spiders can bite or potentially cause an allergic reaction among those living with you. You should also note that black widow and brown recluse spiders have medically dangerous bites. If you suspect you or someone in your home has been bitten by one of these spiders, you should be seeking medical attention immediately. And, in the case of any accidental spider bite, no matter the species, if trouble breathing or swallowing is experienced, you need to contact a medical professional as soon as possible.
Easy And Effective Spider Prevention Tips For Columbia Homes
Suppose you want to get rid of spiders naturally and deter this pest from invading your property. In that case, you can follow the below spider prevention tips to completely pest-proof your Columbia home:
- Spiders often enter homes in pursuit of food. Having pest prey invading your home (such as ants, cockroaches, or beetles) can encourage spiders to set up shop around your property.
- Ongoing professional assistance from Go-Forth Pest Control can help you address pest prey issues and reduce spider invasions.
- Repair leaks around your home and address any other moisture issues in your yard. Spiders and many other pests are often drawn to pools of water.
- Seal up potential spider entry points around your home, such as cracks in windows, doors, and around the foundation. Make sure that window and door screens are unbroken, and invest in door sweeps to keep spiders outside.
- Clear up your yard and remove any debris. Store all firewood at least twenty feet away from your home and ensure your grass stays trimmed low to make your yard less hospitable to spiders.
The Secret To Total Spider Control In Columbia
When methods to get rid of spiders naturally are less than effective for your Columbia home, and you need to invest in one of the best ways to kill spiders, look no further than Go-Forth Pest Control. The professionals at Go-Forth Pest Control will be able to identify your spider problem and develop targeted solutions. This will help to eliminate any ongoing infestation and reduce the spider presence in your home, in addition to combatting any pest prey that may be attracting spiders.
Contact Go-Forth Pest Control today to take advantage of one of the most effective ways to kill spiders in your Columbia home.