The Best Way To Keep Bed Bugs Away From Greensboro Residences
May 10, 2022
If bed bugs are invading, you should be looking into the best bed bug control techniques for your home as soon as possible. Fortunately, Greensboro pest control can help you understand what causes bed bugs and how to get rid of bed bugs in your home for good.
The Lifecycle Of The Greensboro Bed Bug
Bed bugs in Greensboro can lead a remarkably long life, something that makes them even more challenging to get rid of and control in your home. Bed bugs start as eggs no more than a millimeter in length; they appear much like grains of salt. These eggs will eventually hatch into nymphs, translucent bed bugs smaller than their adult counterparts. Nymphs need to feed on blood much like adult bed bugs and molt with every meal, growing larger and gaining color until they become adult bed bugs. This process can take anywhere between five weeks and six months.
Once adult bed bugs are in your home, they will feed frequently, and the females will lay eggs regularly. Adult bed bugs can live between four and eighteen months, creating large, widespread infestations.
What's It Like To Live With A Bed Bug Infestation?
When you have bed bugs in your home, you may notice signs of this pest, such as reddish staining on sheets, beds, walls, and furniture or a general musty and unpleasant odor. And even if you don’t see bed bugs around your home, you may notice itchy red bumps appearing on your limbs; these are the result of bed bug bites and may lead to secondary infections via itching or lost sleep and anxiety over time.
Bed bug control is essential for your home if you don’t want these problems to worsen and cause adverse health risks.
Five Simple Ways To Keep The Bed Bugs Away
Understanding what causes bed bugs can help you put into place specific bed bug control techniques for your home. The steps below may help you deter bed bug infestations:
- Elevate your luggage when traveling or in an accommodation, area to stop this pest from crawling inside. Also, consider vacuum-sealing your clothes.
- When staying in hotels and motels, check the beds and furniture for signs of reddish staining or bed bug bodies. You may use a flashlight and gloved hands to complete this.
- Always wash your clothes in hot water to eliminate potential hitchhikers when returning home from traveling.
- Check second-hand items for bed bugs by using gloved hands and a flashlight to search cracks and seams. Don’t use the items if you see this pest or signs of staining.
- Leave them outside on a white sheet before moving second-hand items into your home. If bed bug bodies fall off overnight or staining on the sheet occurs, you shouldn’t use the item in question.
Permanent Bed Bug Removal
If you want to know how to get rid of bed bugs permanently, you should reach out to local pest control for bed bugs. Our experts at Go-Forth Pest Control can implement effective bed bug control solutions that entirely remove an infestation of this pest and help protect your home against future invasion.
So, reach out to our specialists and trust pest control to kill bed bugs to rid your Greensboro home of this pest.