The Ultimate Guide To Cockroach Control And Prevention For Greensboro Homeowners
June 30, 2023
A cockroach infestation in your home endangers your family’s health and well-being and is incredibly stressful. These dirty pests multiply rapidly, are adept at hiding, and can form a resistance to control products, making them very challenging to eradicate. If you are currently experiencing a roach problem or looking to prevent them in the future, you have come to the right place.
This guide will explain everything you need to know about roaches, including the habits and behaviors of the most common species Greensboro pest control companies find in homes. We’ll also review the health risks of these pests and some practical tips for preventing them. Keep reading to learn the best solution to your cockroach problem with the pros at Go-Forth Pest Control.
Habits And Behaviors Of Common Cockroaches
The various species of cockroaches in Greensboro each have certain habits and behaviors that can help differentiate them. The following list details some of the defining characteristics of the cockroaches in our area:
- American cockroaches: Prefer warm, dark, moist areas, often found in kitchens, bathrooms, basements, and laundry rooms, capable of flight but usually run
- Brown-banded cockroaches: Tend to be found in higher locations like kitchen cabinets and behind picture frames, males can fly
- German cockroaches: Prefer warm, humid places and most often infest kitchens and bathrooms, have wings but rarely fly
- Oriental cockroaches: Prefer damp areas and often enter homes through pipes, drains, and sewers, incapable of flight
If you are unsure what type of cockroach is infesting your home or need assistance eliminating them, contact us at Go-Forth Pest Control. Our professionals can determine the species and the best way to eradicate them and keep them from returning.
Why A Cockroach Infestation Is Considered Dangerous
Cockroaches are dirty insects that spend their time outdoors, congregating in areas like garbage dumps, sewers, and among decaying animals and plants. Cockroach legs have spines that pick up and carry harmful pathogens, which they may bring into your home, contaminating food and surfaces. Some of the diseases cockroaches spread include:
- Typhoid fever
- E. coli infection
In addition to the harmful germs they spread, cockroach saliva, urine, and droppings can cause allergic reactions and asthma attacks. The sooner you eliminate these pests, the safer you and your family will be. Contact Go-Forth Pest Control for cockroach control near you to eliminate these pests quickly.
Five No-Nonsense Cockroach Prevention Tips
After we eliminate your roach infestation, it is time to work on preventing them in the future. Learning how to deter cockroaches can help you protect your home and family from these pests. Here are five tips that will help keep roaches away:
- Seal any cracks and crevices that may provide an entrance to your home.
- Install mesh screens over your drains and vents.
- Store trash in clean receptacles with tight lids.
- Address any moisture issues like leaking pipes and faucets.
- Keep your home tidy and clean.
Preventative roach pest control works best when you combine your efforts with a professional pest control company’s services. Go-Forth Pest Control’s professionals will not only help you eliminate this pest, but we can also help you prevent them from returning.
The Best Cockroach Control Solution For Greensboro Homes
Go-Forth Pest Control provides home pest control solutions for every type of roach that infests Greensboro homes. Our professionals understand what it takes to eliminate cockroaches and keep these dangerous pests out. Contact us today to learn more about our services or to request your free quote, and get back to having a pest-free home.