Ticks In Fredericksburg Can Be Terribly Dangerous
September 24, 2022
One could argue that danger is synonymous with insects and creatures. Many can wreck property or threaten your well-being. Those that target humans and animals for blood, such as ticks, are especially risky to be around. Tick bites could cause bumps, lesions, or skin inflammation. Disease transmission is possible as well. Receiving pest control in Fredericksburg is how you can eliminate them.
It’s challenging to manage ticks in Fredericksburg. There’s only so much you can do to manipulate their natural habitat. In addition, tick insecticides and similar options aren’t helpful. Find out what’s necessary to beat these bugs and how Go-Forth Pest Control offers superior tick control.
Identifying Tick Bites
Following tick bites, areas of your skin will be reddened or swollen. If redness expands past 1 to 2 inches, it’s a rash that requires a medical examination. Also, see a doctor if you have weakness, headaches, fever, nausea, or trouble breathing.
If you’re unsure if a bug is a tick, remember that adult ticks have oval bodies and eight legs. The prevalent American dog tick species is ⅕ to ⅗ of an inch long. Females are generally larger, particularly when they’ve engorged on blood. As it pertains to color, the arachnids are reddish-brown. A secondary name for them is “wood ticks.” Deer ticks are just as widespread in the region. They, too, are reddish-brown, but their legs are very dark. This is why they’re sometimes referred to as “black-legged ticks.” Size-wise, they’re 7/50 to ⅕ of an inch in size, with females extending to ⅖ of an inch after feeding.
Three Places You Are Likely To Find Ticks
Ticks in Fredericksburg are outdoor pests, but some zones are more likely to be overrun by them than others. Three places conducive to activity are:
- Grassy and woody plots. Ticks will hang onto plant life or organic matter, patiently waiting for humans or creatures to pass by. Groups of these bugs may be found around tall grass, overgrown bushes, and piles of wood, leaves, and other litter. They might crawl on low-hanging branches too.
- Damp spots. Without moisture, ticks will die from dehydration. That’s why they gather around the edges of ponds, lakes, and the like.
- Shady locations. Given the aforementioned fact, ticks can’t handle the heat. The arachnids will settle anywhere that’s covered and cool.
If you find yourself in a place where ticks may be prevalent, ensure you protect yourself from them attaching to your skin by wearing clothing that covers most of your body and not spending too long in the area.
The Dangerous Diseases Ticks Could Carry
A few of the diseases that ticks can communicate are:
- The Heartland virus
- Lyme disease bacterium
- Powassan virus
All tick bites don’t result in illness, but it’s still wise to get them off your skin when you see them. Use fine-point tweezers for removal, but try not to puncture, squeeze, or pull the bugs. Don’t yank or twist their bodies either.
Professional Tick Control In Fredericksburg
Natural tick prevention techniques and commercial pesticides can’t be relied upon for infestations. These avenues are just a temporary fix and aren’t intended for long-term use. Further, hazards are involved. There’s a disconnect between the top-dollar expense of these items and their effectiveness. It’s better to lean on prevention methods and professional services:
- Cut the grass and trim greenery regularly.
- Do away with organic debris.
- Wear a long-sleeved shirt, tall socks, pants, and boots when entering tick-sensitive areas. Inspect your clothes and skin and your pet’s fur after being outdoors.
- Discuss tick solutions for pets with a veterinarian.
- Groom your domestic animal’s coat regularly.
- Contact Go-Forth Pest Control if you have critters that ticks may host.
We at Go-Forth Pest Control will get rid of ticks using industrial-grade interior and exterior treatments. Our agents are safe for people, pets, and vegetation. Same-day visits are available. Get a free quote when you call today!