Prepping Your Greensboro, NC Home For Termite Season
March 10, 2022
Termite season in Greensboro can bring with it a plethora of termites that want nothing more than to set up their colonies in your home. To prevent destruction and a termite problem from starting, you should be informed about the termite season in Greensboro and proper termite control tactics.
What Are The Types Of Termites In Greensboro?
There are two different types of termites in Greensboro that you may encounter trying to invade your home. Below, we discuss the differences between these two species:
- Subterranean Termites: This species ranges in color from whitish to brown and prefers to live underground or in damp wood. They typically enter from the foundation of your home.
- Drywood Termites: This termite ranges in color from tannish to brown and can enter your home directly from any area of dry wood.
How Long Does It Take For Termites To Destroy A Home In Greensboro?
When a termite problem starts up, you may not notice the warning signs at first, but this pest is hard at work tunneling through the internal wooden structures of your home. It will take termites approximately a year or two to destroy a home in Greensboro, especially when an infestation is large and spread throughout your home; it may take up to eight years for a home to be destroyed if an infestation is smaller.
Warning signs that you have termites tunneling away in your walls include peeling or bubbling paint, sinking floors, tight-fitting doors, and windows, or a rustling noise in your walls. Termite removal is necessary upon hearing any of these signs, as letting a termite problem go unchecked can lead to severe structural issues.
Why Termite Control In Greensboro Is Necessary
Termite control is necessary for Greensboro to prevent severe damage and a list of costly repairs around your home. When it comes to termites, it doesn’t take long for these pests to start causing severe destruction; leaving a termite problem untreated will result in structural damage and an increased risk of collapse over time.
The best way to deal with termites is through proper protection and prevention. Investing in professional termite removal via Go-Forth Pest Control can help keep this pesky insect away from your home for good, so you never have to worry about your home being damaged.
Is There Way To Prevent Termites In Greensboro?
Besides relying on the best termite control company for your Greensboro home, Go-Forth Pest Control, to eradicate your termite problems, you can take preventative steps to keep this pest away from your property:
- Clear your yard of debris and focus on removing wood sources. This means eliminating old tree stumps, branches, and fallen pieces of any tree from your property. You should also store all firewood and spare lumber away from your home on an elevated platform to prevent termites from moving in.
- Repair any damaged, damp, or rotting wood around your home, primarily concentrating on areas around the foundation of your home, decks, and doors or windows. Damp wood encourages termites to move inside.
- Reduce wood to soil contact by placing a barrier of rocks or another sturdy item between your home’s foundation and your yard's soil. This helps to deter termites from crossing over.
Remember, always keep an eye out for signs of termites in your home and contact the professionals at Go-Forth Pest Control for your termite removal needs.