Ticks Talk: All About Ticks In Wilmington
February 27, 2019
If you wonder why ticks look like spiders, wonder no more. Ticks and spiders belong to the same class called Arachnida, so they are actually relatives. Ticks may be small, but they are terrible. They transmit deadly diseases; Anaplasmosis, Babesiosis, Lyme Disease, Ehrlichiosis, and Colorado Tick fever are among them.
Ticks are small, bloodsucking insects that are classified into two: Ixodidae and Argasidae. In layman’s term, they are hard ticks and soft ticks.
Of the two types, it is the hard tick that causes the problem to your household.
Ticks like to live in dry, warm places. Outdoors, they live in grassy, bushy, or wooded areas. Indoor, they like the spaces around your doors and windows, underneath and behind your furniture, and under the seams of your couch. Check also for ticks at the corners of the walls of your house.
Here are some tips on how to get rid of these ticks:
1. If you are going outdoors for camping, hunting, gardening, or just by simply walking your dog, be aware of the areas that could be infested with ticks. Check your clothing and shower at once after going for an outdoor activity. The ticks can find a way to hitchhike. If you find ticks on your clothes, place it in a dryer on high heat temperature. Do this for 10 - 15 minutes to kill the ticks. Do not forget to examine your gear too.
2. Inspect your skin if you suspect ticks came in with you. Check on your underarms, your hair, in and around your ears, and other crevices on your body. Use a full- length mirror to view all parts of your body. If you do find ticks, use a tweezer to pull them out.
3. Do some cleaning outside your house. Remove dead leaves, trash, and sticks that scatter around your yard. Trim bushes on your yard and cut off tall grass to keep them short.
4. Clean inside your house. Sweep, mop, and vacuum carpets and rugs regularly. Remove any clutter in your home, like your unwashed clothes and used toys.
5. Use tick collars, oral medication, or spray protection to keep your pets tick-free.
If the infestation has become too much of a problem for you and your family, you may need to call in the experts. We highly recommend Go -Forth Pest Control Company for all your pest control needs.
The Leader In Pest Control
Go-Forth has been serving the residents of Wilmington since 1959. They have excellent experience not only in tick treatment, but in many other pests as well, including mosquitoes, fleas, weevils, cockroaches, ants, and mice.
The company has a team of highly skilled and well-trained professionals who are equipped with only the state of the art equipment and a method that is both family and pet-friendly.
Go-Forth is a family- owned pest control company that has earned the trust of local homeowners and businesses alike here in Wilmington. Contact us today to set up an appointment.