What It Takes To Get Rid Of A Flea Infestation In Your Charlotte Home
June 1, 2023
Fleas are always on the hunt for blood, and yours will do just fine. Fleas can be difficult to remove once they establish themselves in your house. If you have fleas in your home, they will constantly pursue you and your pets. Flea infestations often resist DIY pest control efforts, and your frustration can grow as flea infestations persist.
If you need pest control in Charlotte, Go-Forth Pest Control can help. Our seasoned technicians have extensive experience eliminating all area pest infestations, and we can help you with yours. Call us today.
Identifying A Flea Infestation
Here are some ways you can identify if fleas have come to visit:
- Excessive grooming or scratching: If your pets are scratching or grooming excessively, they may be struggling with fleas.
- Fur loss: Severe or extended flea infestations can lead to fur loss on your pets.
- Bites: If you find yourself with bites, especially around your ankles or any other body part near the floor, it may be fleas biting.
- Fleas themselves: Fleas are small, but you can often spot them against light-colored backgrounds. This is an obvious sign you have a flea problem.
If you’re struggling with fleas in Charlotte, and want to know how to get rid of fleas in your house, look no further than Go-Forth Pest Control. We pride ourselves on safely and effectively removing flea infestations, and we can help remove yours.
Fleas In The Home Are A Health Hazard
Flea bites are painful, but fleas can bring other problems into your home. Fleas can introduce the risk of tapeworms to your pets; severe flea infestations can also cause anemia. Fleas are known disease carriers and can introduce your family to bartonellosis, tularemia, tungiasis, and murine typhus.
Fleas can introduce you and your family to painful bites and diseases. The best way to get rid of fleas is to call Go-Forth Pest Control. We can help you eliminate fleas, fast.
The Best Way To Completely Get Rid Of A Flea Infestation
Flea infestations can start easily because fleas can find many ways to get into your home. Fleas tend to lay eggs everywhere, and you can be disappointed to see fleas become active once again even when you think you have eliminated an infestation. DIY pest control techniques are often ineffective at eliminating flea infestations, and the best way to get rid of fleas in your house is to have flea control professionals help you. Go-Forth Pest Control professionals specialize in removing pest infestations. If you need help with a pest infestation today, fleas or otherwise, get in touch with us for the professional help you need.
Simple Yet Effective Tips To Prevent Future Flea Problems
Here are some things you can do to help decrease your chances of seeing fleas again in the future:
- Regularly bathe and groom pets: Routinely bathing and grooming your pets is an excellent way to decrease the number of fleas, and the amount of fleas they bring into your home.
- Use flea medication: Consistent use of flea treatments on your pets is also an excellent way to decrease the number of fleas you may encounter.
- Vacuum frequently: Frequently vacuuming your floors and carpets can help eliminate flea eggs and decrease their chances of reinfesting your home.
- Regularly wash bedding: Fleas tend to congregate on pet bedding. Consistently washing pet bedding can help decrease fleas.
- Maintain your lawn: Regularly mowing your lawn will decrease outside fleas.
These are some ways you can help decrease your chances of encountering fleas in your home. If they still come, however, call Go-Forth Pest Control. You will be glad you did.